5.09.2009

What a week!! The girls have arrived!!

It has been a whirlwind of a week!! Well I went to the high risk perinatologist on Wednesday for my growth scan & all the girls were right at 3 lbs & some odd ounces each, except for Jayci, she was measuring 2 lbs 15 on sono. But what anatomy & so forth they could get all looked great. The poor sono tech had hell because all you could see was flying body parts because no one would stay still! It was so funny! Afterwards I went home because I had been having pressure & cramping again that would not go away no matter how I layed or sat. But, anyways went to my OB for my appt on Thursday 5-7-09. Well I told him about my other appt & all about my complaints & concerns etc. Well he checked me & I was already dilated to 4-5 cm, 50% thinned out & Addisyn's head was already engaged in my pelvis at -2 station (if that makes sense to any of you). So, a looong discussion ensued between him, me & my husband. Basically said he could put me in the hospital on strict bed rest, but I would just continue to dilate because there wasn't much that they could do to stop my progression because of my other health problems prevented me from having the meds & that he didn't want to be caught in the predicament of having me go into full blown labor & deliver Baby A vaginal & then having to pull B & C out by their heels because they had turned breeched again according to the sono or worse yet, scrambling for an emergency C-Section after delivering Baby A (confusing I know). So, he (we) decided to go ahead & schedule the C-section for Friday 5/8/09 @ 0730 that way all of our "ducks" were in a row & everyone at the hospital was prepared & so forth. So, needless to say we went on Friday morning @ 5am for our scheduled C-Section @7:30 am. I was nervous, scared, anxious, happy and much more. I was 30 weeks yesterday. I was disappointed in myself since I didn't make it to 32 weeks, but I made it further than every thought I would. So, needless to say, the girls are here. They all came out exercising their lungs, but after a little bit in the NICU they started having increased difficulty breathing & wasn't tolerating the C-Pap machines, all 3 of them were intubated & given surfactant. As of today they are still intubated & on the vent, but they are on very low settings, with the exception of Addisyn. Early this morning the NICU Dr. came in my room to let me know that the vent had blown a hole in Addisyn's lung so he had to insert a chest tube to let all the air out of her chest cavity so her lung could re-expand. She still has the chest tube, but hopefully it will be removed tomorrow then hopefully on Monday they will start pulling all 3 off of sedation & start weaning them off of the vent. Otherwise they are holding their own, haven't had to have a whole lot of sedation & got started on IV feedings tonite. Here are pics of them and all their info. Hope all is doing well, and I will post again when I can! ( I only got to post this long tonite because the hubby brought me the laptop up to the hospital & he went home so the munchkin could sleep in his own bed tonite, so I am all alone :(, but I get to go home in the morning!)


Addisyn Sue Burleson (Baby A)
Born @ 8:27 am
3 lbs 2.8 oz
15 inches long
Braylea Ann Burleson (Baby B)
Born @ 8:28 am
3 lbs 4.5 oz
15 3/4 inches long

Jayci Nicole Burleson (Baby C)
Born @ 8:29am
2 lbs 13.9oz
14 1/2 inches long
And of course we have to have Big Brother!
Mr. Bradyn!!
Until Next Time,
Take Care!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Vanessa!! They look beautiful and healthy. You should be very proud of yourself for making it to 30 weeks AND having given birth to babies weighing in around 3 pounds. That is awesome!!
    Try to get as much rest as possible while they're in the NICU. It will be quite hectic once they come home :-)
    Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and may the babies progress quickly so they can come home real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Vanessa! I've been reading your blog and amazed at your strength!!! Congrats again on your 3 precious baby girls and I hope they all get to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations x3!!! Your girls are beautiful. Don't feel bad about not making it farther. 30 weeks is great! I guess your girls just really wanted to meet you. Good Luck!

    P.S Bradyn look sooo cute in his Big Brother shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for these babies, Vanessa! They are sooooo cute! They look great and very healthy considering! I was so worried, but so happy to hear the outcome!! Hang in there and kiss those babies for us!! All of us here love you all bunches!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete