5.10.2009

Mommy's Home!!

I got to come home for mother's day! Yeah! I had the option to stay in the hospital until Tuesday, but I figured it would be cheaper to recooperate in my own bed at home & with my lil' munchkin! I have been doing okay today, just reaaaaaly sore & tired. I think I over did it yesterday since I was still running off of adrenaline, and it all caught up with me today...ughhh. Luckily, I have the best mother ever! She took Bradyn home with her after she came to visit the girls, so the hubster could help me get home & to let me rest for a little while. And it helped alot. Muaaaah! Thank you mommy!
Otherwise, the only hard part about going home was leaving the girls behind. :( But, they are still hanging in there & doing great. All 3 of them are still on the vent, but are doing good, and all 3 of them got started on IV feedings last nite.
Addisyn still has her chest tube, but the doctor said her chest x-ray looked great so he left it in for today, they will clamp it off tomorrow & leave it clamped for 24 hours & if her chest x-ray continues to look good then they will take it out on Tuesday. The nurse's are keeping her pretty well sedated to keep her comfortable because she will start waking up & get pissed & start fighting the vent & coughing & gagging on the tube. So, she is still just hanging out, & they have her under a bili light to help keep her from getting so jaundiced. I don't have any current weights on her because they haven't been weighing her because they don't want to move her around & stimulate her to much with her chest tube still in place.
Braylea is just haning out holding her own. The doctor said that her chest x-ray & lung developement look great & she remains on low ventilator settings to, so maybe she will get to start coming off the vent soon. She is also hanging out under a bili light to help keep her jaundice down, but overall she looks good, & she is back up to her original birthweight today.
Jayci is also doing good holding her own. She got another dose of surfactant today for her lungs, but otherwise she has been doing good. The doctor said he was still pleased with her as well, he just wanted to give her another dose of surfactant because her lungs still looked a little immature on the chest x-ray, but she remains on low vent settings as well, and she is not trying to fight the vent as much so she is not requiring so much sedation. She hasn't had to have any bili light exposure yet so she is just hanging out in her own little world. Today she weighed 2 lbs 10.8 oz, so she is about 3 oz of being back up to her birthweight.
They are all scheduled for head & heart ultrasounds tomorrow, so we will see how they turn out. But, that is it for now! I will try to post updates everyday/nite so keep checking back!
Thank you all for all the support & prayers. It is really appreciated! Hope everyone had a great mother's day!
Until next time,
Take Care!!

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa I don't know if you remember me, we went to school together but I came across your blog, not sure how though but discovered you were pregnant with triplets and already had a little boy. Congrats! Your family is beautiful and I am so encouraged by your story as I am struggling with infertility. You give me hope. I will prey for your little miracles and your entire family, that these 3 precious babies get home soon and continue to be healthy! Congrats again!
    Stefanie Betzel now Stefanie Fillipan

    ReplyDelete