4.17.2009

27 weeks, barely hangin' & scared.......

I have never been so miserable in my life (so far!). A whole lot, yet a whole lot of nothing has gone on since my last blog. I seen my OB on the 9th of this month & he said my cervix had dropped and was softer than at my last visit & that Baby A (Addisyn) was hanging out pretty low. YIKES! So he said I need to stay laying down as much as possible.....does he know how impossible that is???? So, I arranged for someone to take my son to daycare & to pick him up so that was less getting out that I would have to do. The past couple of days & have been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions & pressure & spams down below, soooo I called him today & he had me come in so he could check me. Well, he said that my cervix had thinned even more & I was dilated to 1cm, close to a 2 & that he could feel the top of Addisyn's head, but they all looked good when he did a spot check with the sono machine. So, he called my high risk perinatologist & I got a shot of betamethasone (steroid) & I go back on Monday for another one. Then I have my regular scheduled check up on Thursday. I am just a little freaked out since I am only 27 weeks today. So, I am basically on full bedrest until the girls arrive. It is just sooooo umcomfortable no matter what I do. I flop from side to side (like a beached whale! HA! HA!), have tons of pillows around me & nothing helps, plus I am being kicked from all different directions because the girls don't like me laying on my sides. I feel so guilty though because I am being selfish & I want them out because I am so miserable, but I want them to stay in as long as possible because they need to. Is that wrong of me to feel that way?? Sooo, all I can do is hurry up & wait & pray that everything goes well. I have been bad about keeping up with weekly pictures & I am not a big fan of "naked belly" pics since I am fat to begin with, but here are the most recent ones that I have taken.
26 weeks 3 days

27 weeks (not that good of a pic)
You will have to excuse the lovely "lingerie" attire! LOL! But it is the only thing that I seem to be comfortable in now days.
But, on a lighter note, last weekend was Easter & it was Bradyn's first year to hunt Easter eggs. He was soo cute & it didn't take him long to get the hang of it. After all the eggs were hunted, all he wanted to do was sit down & play with his eggs. He is so easily entertained!

Bradyn & his daddy hanging out

He found one!!

Checking out his goods......
Well, that is it for now! Back to bed to gestate!
Until next time,
Take Care!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, you will be in my thoughts and prayers! The girls have patience like their mama? :)

    ReplyDelete