6.09.2009

1 Month Ago......

...yesterday my life was forever changed again (The first time was when Bradyn was born). My 3 beautiful daughters were born. I can't believe it has already been a month. My how time flies! I guess all the trips to the NICU and taking care of Bradyn everyday keep me a little occupied! They have all already changed soooo much and their personalities are starting to grow more & more everyday. They amaze me on a daily basis. I took little headbands and put on them yesterday for their 1 month pictures since we aren't able to get "real pics" made yet. You can see the pictures to the right. So far the girls are staying on the right track and are doing better everyday (trying not to jinx myself or them!). Addisyn is now up to 15 cc every 3 hours on her feedings and is slowly requiring less oxygen, but she still needs the little boost, either that or she just likes the smell of the plastic, not sure which one yet because she goes up and down on her oxygen saturations. But, she is hanging in there. She also still has to stay under the warmer because she hasn't quit figured out how to hold her temp that good yet, she has almost got it down though. Yesterday she weighed 4#3oz. Braylea is now in a normal open crib all wrapped nice and neat and actually gets to where clothes now!! She loves being swaddled. She has been off her oxygen still and is doing great on that. I got to start bottle feeding her yesterday (YEAH!) and she took all of it but like 10cc. She bottle fed 2 times in a row today while I was there & did great. She is now eating 30cc (or 1 ounce) every 3 hours. As of yesterday she weighed 4# 6oz. Jayci got to start feedings again yesterday getting 1cc every 3 hours and got moved up to 2cc every 3 hours today. It is just enough to piss her off because she gets fussy & sucks on her pasi like a mad woman! But, the doc is going slow with her so she doesn't have the same problem she had a few weeks ago (losing all of her feedings and not getting to eat for 2 weeks). She is tolerating her 2 cc w/o any residuals so I am excited about that! She was put back on a little oxygen over the weekend because she wants to take off and start breathing real fast and it makes her oxygen saturation levels drop, but she is doing good, I just think she was starting to miss the smell of the plastic to since she was without it for a week or so. And she is also still hanging out under the warmer in her diaper since she still has a little trouble regulating her temp. Yesterday she weighed 3# 11 oz, so she has almost reached the 4 # mark!
So, that is my quick little update for now! Hopefully we continue to stay on the right track and get to come home soon!
Until next time,
Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment